Monday, May 28, 2012

More Texas Pepper!

I had the chance to try the No Label Don Jalapeno Ale last week when I was in Beaumont. If you've never heard of Major League Grill, it's one of the only places in Beaumont (in fact, it may be the ONLY place) with a variety of craft beers on tap.

Don Jalapeno has a strong smell of floral hops, followed by some malty caramel sweetness.Some jalapeno is apparent in the nose, but not overwhelmingly so. The taste is pleasantly spicy, with the heat levels on the low end. Nice balance of floral hops and pepper spice. The taste of the pepper meat comes through moreso than the spice. I like that the beer isn't all about pepper; it's more of a pale ale with just enough pepper highlights. This is a great beer! I just wish I could find it in Austin.



This beer is made with both fresh and roasted jalapenos and comes from No Label Brewing in Katy, Tx.

No comments:

Post a Comment